Re: language

Terry,

First of all I am not a Bishop.  Second, if you wish to talk about this
privately I would be more than happy to, even though I don't think it
would change anything.  There is a difference between being righteous
and self-righteous.  Would it not be better for one to take the plank
out of ones own eye before taking the speck out of another.  The truth
is the truth, and the truth will withstand against all who will twist it
and turn it to make it less than what it truly is!

Respectfully yours,

Joe .

Chow!

---- Begin included message ----
What in the world IS an orthodox bishop, anyway? I find it hard to believe that if Jesus were to call a soldier into account
on judgement day for cussing his head off like the person in the letter did, that anyone would dare call Jesus self righteous.

Sorry if I stepped on your viet nam veteran toes.  You took what was written all wrong.  I did not (and I don't think the
other person who commented did either) mean in any way to critisize the individual who wrote the original letter.  That person
did not post that letter to Ridecamp, where children would be reading it.
The person who forwarded it is the one responsible for the language appearing on Ridecamp.  If the language could not be
edited out, then there should at least have been some sort of warning on the subject line.  So, cool your jets, soldier.
Nobody is trying to diminish what our brave soldiers go through or have gone through.  I stand on the side of the American
soldier, and am proud to be protected by the men & women who give so much of their lives for our freedoms, which we all seem
to take for granted.
I'm not going to ask you how you dare to assume things yourself.  That was an arrogant question, and if you would like to
discuss this further, you may e-mail me privately.
Sincerlely,
Antionette Bartee

---- End included message ----