Violent Incident Post & Feed Back

Hi guys,

I'm Susie, and I'm and endurance maniac.
And an AERC member.
And, my family have many generations of military service (from
Admirals to grunts), as I am sure yours do too....

Personally, I appreciated receiving the post regarding the assault in
Turkey, even if it was sort of surprising to see it in RideCamp.  I'm
a RideCamp consituent, and I think it's okay to have the occasional
off-topic post.

My brother served during Desert Storm, and I am grateful for his
service.  I am also grateful that he and his wife and children are now
all state-side, and safe.

I am sincerely horrified, and now very concerned, to learn about the
conditions in Turkey, this stuff apparently doesn't (?) make it to
CNN, and it should!

Joe Dobiss:  Peace, brother.  You're right - their sacrifice makes our
life styles (including our love of recreational riding) possible.
However, slamming someone else on Ride Camp with that amount of anger
is not appropriate either.  And, instead of simply responding
privately, all of the rest of us got a good dose of your ire as well.
Try showing a little tolerance next time, please?

Remember:  We have, for the most part, a volunteer armed force.  They
sign up for the responsibility and the lifestyle, and No, it is an
easy way to go, not always pretty, not even in peacetime (such as it
is).

RideCamp has rules about content and language, but I do not believe
that the RideCamp guidelines are imposed to inhibit our creativity;
just to keep our public communications civilized and to the point:
ENDURANCE.  I found that out the hard way by making a mistake once.
However, the original messenger probably had no idea that his very
personal message to a family member would end up here.

Personally, I am glad it did.  It reminded me that there are other
Americans out there, overseas, doing a very difficult job.  People who
are concerned and frightened about their lives.

And they would like us to know it, and to be concerned about them.
There's not much I can do to help Americans in Turkey, or anywhere
else in the world, except:

         I can send a concerned e-mail to my U.S.
         Congressional Representatives, and to my          Senators.
They are all on-line now.

So, since I am not competing this weekend & wonderboy has the day off,
I think I will....

Susie.