Re: AERC horse insurance

.  Glenda wrote:>
> FWIW -- I worked as a paralegal for years, for a number of different
> plaintiffs' attorneys, and I can tell you that most of them ask for
> "policy limits" when they sue, whatever the policy limits are ... so if
> you have more coverage, they just ask for more money.  I've been told by
> several attorneys I've worked for over the years that it's a waste of
> money to pay for really high coverage, since if you ever use it, it will
> just be going into some attorney's pocket.  I've always been advised (by
> attorneys, not insurance agents), to buy the minimum you think you will
> need.
>
> Glenda:

The bottom line is "WHAT do you  need in coverage.  For the extra $15. per
year I'll take the $500,000 on my homeowners liability so if my horses
cause a problem I know I have at least that much coverage.  You are right
about whre most of the money will go.  But the bottom line is that as horse
owners we are responsible for what our horses do, and we must be aware of
what that could cost us.

Cookie  and Tezz