Re: AERC horse insurance

> If you are in a liability situation would $300,000 cover
> your need?  If you homeowners covers you for horse related losses for
> liability I would suggest you think of increasing coverage to $500,000
> minimum.  Then consider a personal excess policy of $1 million.

FWIW -- I worked as a paralegal for years, for a number of different
plaintiffs' attorneys, and I can tell you that most of them ask for
"policy limits" when they sue, whatever the policy limits are ... so if
you have more coverage, they just ask for more money.  I've been told by
several attorneys I've worked for over the years that it's a waste of
money to pay for really high coverage, since if you ever use it, it will
just be going into some attorney's pocket.  I've always been advised (by
attorneys, not insurance agents), to buy the minimum you think you will
need.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310