Re: Ponying problems

Cheryl Newbanks wrote:

> Hi group!  Well now that I have 2 endurance horses to keep fit I end up
> ponying my backup horse a lot.  He is a pain in the you know where to pony.
>  Kodi starts off good but then starts lagging behind, it is almost
> impossible to keep him up at my knee.  He pulls on me big time and I
> usually need my friend to ride behind him to prompt him to keep up the
> pace.  Any ideas how I can cure this problem, it sure makes ponying a
> misery.
>
>                                   Cheryl Newbanks
> ~~~           ~~ ^ ^        SW Region
> ~~~\      _ ~~/ /\ /        Buckeye, AZ
>        (   ) __    ) ' '        horsetrails@inficad.com

Hi, Where do you ride? is there lots of open space? I take two horses
also and when we get out a ways I turn the pony horse loose. I have
never lost a horse this way. Of course you want to make sure that your
horse is not so independent that he dosen't care about the other horse.
Try it I really enjoy watching my horse run and jump it really helps
them. Julie