Re: Insurance For Endurance Horses

I have had two horses die.  They do not die cheaply.  The first one I lost in
1985 cost over $700 in vet bills. (Think what that would cost now.)    The
second cost over $300.  I had the second one put down or it would have been as
much and he still would have died.  (Both colics.  One a 6 y.o. gelding and
the second an 18 y.,o stallion)

Just having mortality would have paid for the vet bill after death.

I have insurance to, at least, cover replacement costs.  I don't have
expensive horses, but to replace one with a comparable horse would be hard
monetarily.  Even if you are riding a homebred horse it is worth something
because of all your time and training costs.  I tried to figure what it would
cost me to replace a horse with another horse with similar training and
ability.  My insurance agent said that insurance companies understand that
reasoning.

Ellen