electrolytes

I have a strategy Q. re: elect. :-)) Which is the best
method for administering elec. with the least mess???

I have tried mixing a jar at a time (mixing the E. with
applesauce/water) and then taking that jar to the vet check
and drawing up a syringe when I need it.

I have tried just putting some E. in a syringe, drawing some
water in it, shaking and giving

I have tried mixing it all onsite (E., applesause, water)
meaning at the check

I have tried taking the E. I need in a baggie to the check
and then mixing there

All of these result in sticky fingers and/or gobs of E. in
the container where some water or something dripped in, E.
on the reins, gunk on my pants, etc....

My next tact is to get enough syringes to make 3 or 4 (or
however many checks I have) and put them all there with caps
on so all I have to do is pick up and squirt.

If that doesn't work, I'm about ready to just break down and
by the ready mixed ones for use at rides.

Don't even think I've gotten to the point where I can carry
some on the trail :-) I have visions of looking just like I
do when I try to bake - elec. all over me and the horse.

Suggestions? Style critiques <g>?

Tina Electrolyted Hicks
Tony - who is electrified
hickst@nichols.com