Re: electrolytes

Tina,

You must learn to be neater<G>.  If I give electrolytes by syringe, I
usually end up wearing them!  Both Misty and Jordy can spit this mixture
for 15 or 20 feet - Misty trained Jordy to do this.

What I have started to do is to mix the electroytes with the wet mash I
give at the checks.  Both the horses will eat this mash - soaked beet
pulp with a little grain - and get the electrolyte in the process.  No
fuss no muss and I am not wearing any.

I use perform an win which I think is not quite as bad tasting as the
other stuff - even if you have to give a little more.

On rides with a long way between checks I have even been known to carry
a zip lock bag with electrolytes mixed with dry feed andcollapsable
bucket, stop at a creek wet the feed and let the horse take a few
minutes to eat.  No fuss and no muss and I can stand for "best dressed
rider" at the end.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt