easiboots

Hi All
Is there anyone out there who does not shoe their horse and uses
easiboots exclusively?  From the one Tevis story I read, I understood a
person rode the whole ride in Easiboots or did I get it wrong? I was
wondering how feasible it would be to keep a horse barefoot all year
round and then use the boots only for longer rides (training rides at
home) and of course endurance rides.  What do you guys think of this?
Thanks
Dianne
in New Zealand