Re: Tevis record

Richard wrote:
> Six horses have completed the Ride ten times or more - ...
> Shatir (Judy Houle) Thunders Lighting Bar (Pat Chappell).
>
> ...Judy Houle finished 46th on her arab, Felex.

Felex was only 14:1, btw (not relevant, but interesting
for us "little horse" supporters...)

> Pat Chappell finished 53rd on Thunders Lighting Bar this year.
> I do not have detail yet on whether that is #11 completion or
> a record tie.  Thunders Lighting Bar is a Quarterhorse.

I spoke to Pat at Robie on Friday night. She seemed under the
impression that they were "going for the record".

My "notes" (I suppose you could call them that... well, OK,
maybe that's a stretch of the imagination) say:

"25 - quarter horse - 12 times"

So it looks like she thinks that this was at least her 12th
completion on him, which would be a record.

btw, you can see Thunders Lightning bar at:

http://www.calweb.com/~trouble/tevis98/thunders-lightning-bar.jpg
--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse and Provo