Re: Camel backs

L Eisele wrote:

> I quit using fanny packs..found that the cantle and fanny pack can not
> occupy the same space...not to mention my rear.

I had the same concerns when I started riding w/ a fannypack style hydration
pack.  I had a lot of problems w/ standard fannypacks w/ sport bottles
rubbing the cantle since I am so short waisted.

The Gregory fanny hydration pack does sit a little low, but I have a
sheepskin saddle cover now, so I don't obsess that the leather on the saddle
is being rubbed away.  I wear the pack rather snugly and take up any
"sagging" areas using the compression straps.  I'm riding in an OF Express
Lite that has a moderate cantle height.  If it wokrs for me, it should be OK
for a normally proportioned or long waisted person.

Linda Flemmer
  Rocket aka ABF Challenger
(Mom, if your waist were longer, would it be thinner?)