Re: Tevis record

JOltmann@FANCYPUBS.COM wrote:

> Does anyone know what horse holds the record for the most Tevis rides
> completed (not necessarily consecutive)? I recall it being mentioned at
> the awards ceremony, and that it was either a QH or 1/2 Arab/Quarter?

The 1997 edition of the Tevis Trivia Page reads, in part,

The record for completions by one horse is twelve times - El Karbaj (Hal Hall).

Six horses have completed the Ride ten times or more - Buffalo Bill (Nick
Mansfield) Rainraff (Sally Dargie) El Karbaj (Hal Hall) Rocky (Merv Pyorre)
Shatir (Judy Houle) Thunders Lighting Bar (Pat Chappell).

El Karbaj, an arab, is now retired, I believe.  Hal finished 77th on
Armanda-Faire this year.  Judy Houle finished 46th on her arab, Felex. Pat
Chappell finished 53rd on Thunders Lighting Bar this year.  I do not have detail
yet on whether that is #11 completion or a record tie.  Thunders Lighting Bar is
a Quarterhorse.

Tevis Records & Trivia are available at,

   http://www.foothill.net/tevis/TRIVIA.HTM

/richard, tevis webguy

--
    Natalie's Barn & Breakfast -- a B&B for Horses ...and their Riders
http://www.foothill.net/natalies  530-637-4644 or Toll Free: 1-877-NATBARN