A dark day for Arabians

It is difficult when you deal with prejudice of any kind.  The point should be
the horse and not what horse breed is better than another.  Arabians are a
minority when you consider that Quarter Horses are the largest breed in the
world.  I own both a Quarter Horse and an Arabian.  I have had some less than
kind comments from Arabian owners about my Quarter Horse as well.  But, for
those of us that truly love horses, we can see that each different breed has
its own merit regardless of what others' opinions happen to be. My kids both
showed the horses in 4-H and placed as expected. My QH friends appreciate my
Arabian as he is a wonderful horse, but most of them just plain love horses.

Is this any different than the comments about men vs. women?  Arabians are
different from Quarter Horses.  Men are different from women.  They each have
their own good and bad, attibutable not just to the category, but to the
individual.  One bad behaved Arabian, Quarter Horse, Man, or Woman doesn't
make them all bad.  We all seem to forget the bigger picture.  I hope this
will encourage those that have been the target of negative comments or
attitudes to put them where they belong and see the short sidedness for what
it is.  Somebody elses opinion no matter how many share it doesn't make it so.
If nobody could see the positive in the differences, we would still have
slavery in this country.  Thank God for those that have excelled in spite of
the prejudice of man.