Tevis coverage - we've come a long way!

Hi group - I just got back last night from a ride in Oregon.
Brewed a cup of coffee and sat down at the computer
first thing this morning to find out what happened at Tevis.
What great coverage and enthusiasm! It was so cool to
see folks 'glued' to their computers, waiting for the lastest
news. And Richard, Lucy, Lynn, Donna and Becky  - thanks
so much for bringing the Tevis to us in such a fun and
personal way! Can't wait to hear the ride stories from
those of you who challenged the trail...

I remember 'back in '94' scouring the newsgroup site,
rec.equestrian, after the World Championship in Holland,
and only finding a single post on the results and Kanavy's
win. We - the endurance internet junkies - have really come
a long way in a short time!

cheers!

Steph

p.s. I had my best ride ever on Kruschev this weekend at
the Santiam in Oregon - we finished 3rd on the 100
and had a *terrific* time all day - we actually did the
last loop faster then when we did it earlier in the
day - I couldn't stop grinning as we were galloping in
the last 5 miles :)  First and second were Ona Lawrence on
RAA Crusader and Karen  Vilander on ?? both of whom are
long-listed for the world championship in Dubai. Ona was
showing for BC when we finished - Crusader looked
absolutely fantastic! The 50 miler was won by Victoria
White on a lovely chestnut mare, Darla Westlake and
MC Ramsz won the 80 miler - they are also long-listed
for Dubai and looked fantastic. Pay Murray and
Mojave finished 2nd on the 80 - which gave Mojave 5000
career miles!

btw - the Santiam ride is one the oldest endurance
rides - 35 years running - set in the beautiful
Three Sisters area of Oregon. Gorgeous views
of snow capped peaks - very nice trail. Relatively
cool since it's such high country - it's a wonderful
ride- but be sure to  bring a dust mask!