Re: A dark day for Arabians

Hello all,
A newbie here. Not sure if I am sending this correctly, will see. Just wanted
to share how I became acquainted with Arabs and developed my deep love and
appreciation for them. I had been shopping for a special horse many years ago.
After a year and a half of searching I visited a "Show Barn." As I cruised the
breezeway of the barn looking at all the pricey "show horses" I stopped in
front of Lady Catherine's stall. She was wistfully gazing out the little
window on the opposite side. When I said hello she turned around and looked
into my eyes as I did hers. We were both looking for a relationship, a friend.
We stood there in silence, she turned around and I said "I want her." She was
already sold, but it was meant to be and she became mine and I hers. She is
Egyptian, light gray almost white, and the most beautiful horse I had ever
met.
   She had been a park seat show horse. She was crazy. Why..? she had scares
and scrapes on her front teeth and gums where chains had been placed to give
her high stepping action and super high head set. She had never been on a
trail and was crazy on the trail. People said it was because she was a damn
Arabian. Well, Lady Catherine became my best friend and confidant. She learned
to love the trails and would go forever. She has since been retired and lives
with an adoring Dutchman who built her a custom barn. Since then I have had
several "crazy Arabs" pass through my life who were cast offs. Now they are
members of loving families.

Aloha from Maui
Kathleen
Ps moving to Tucson soon so I can follow my dream to ride with you all.