Re: Carbo Rat Bombs OD

Roger, I'm sure sorry you didn't get to start OD.  Bummer.

This is just thinking out loud, so maybe the vets on ridecamp can shoot
me down or say yea or nay, but you mentioned about the worm count being
up---any word on species?  The reason I ask is there are species of
strongyles that in their migratory trip will travel down through the
blood vessels leading back to and surrounding the gut---at that point
the worms are big enough that they can block blood flow to portions of
the gut and cause a temporary sort of colic.  Those symptoms you
describe of discomfort, decrease in poop, then a big blowout sort of
sounds like a temporary decrease in blood flow to part of the gut,
doesn't it?  Whether or not that colic would be like the one you
experienced, I don't know.  Something to think about.  Any comments from
the vets?

Susan Garlinghouse