Re: NATRC

Hi Nora -

I know this stabling question has been brought up to the BOD of NATRC
but to date I don't know of any change.

I am not trying to promote NATRC, I just want to comment on the stabling
issue.  I too have seen babies get in trouble with tying too long.  But
if they can get in trouble tied short too.  I think this could be a
training issue.

A few years ago, I attended an endurance ride with a friend who had hot
wire fencing & enough to accomodate my horse with a nice large pen.
Unfortunately I did not try this at home first & my horse freaked,
taking hot wire, & any available horses with him on the run.  So he got
tied to the trailer which had not been a problem.  Later, as I was
envying the portable corral set up next to us, a horse got a hind leg
caught over & around one of the rails.  This was a big wreck & horse did
not get to compete.

Then my tying to the trailer didn't seem so bad.  I thought about my
options in a nasty situation & feel the same way about halters (nylon
versus rope or leather) I can probably cut my way out of a problem
faster than I can chase down my horse or untangle from a panel (there is
also the panic snap which is even faster).

Just my opinion, I do not wish to offend.

Lori & Sky
AZ