Re: NATRC

I'm really uncomfortable with this one.  I've trained enough young colts to
know that if the rope is long enough for them to get their head down to eat or
lie down, it's long enough for them to get into trouble.  I've seen it happen
and I sure don't want to put my horse into such a predicament.

I'd like to do a NATRC ride someday but not if my horse has to stay tied to
the trailer all night.  Is there ever a time when overhead picket lines,
electric corals or stalls are allowed?>>>>>>>>

I don't particulary like NATRC - BUT a few of their rides are in places
where ALL the horses are in stables - PITY any claustrophobic horses for
those ones.  You can tie as high on your trailer as you like so you can
give a reasonable amount of moving around room if you set up a high tie
ring.  They had this rule several yrs ago when I did a few NATRC rides &
is was a factor for me in trying endurance - After my 1st endurance ride
I never did another NATRC one.

Teresa