Long Hauls

"What do you riders do for those long hauls out west?"
Roger ,
I live in a very isolated area and it is at least a 6 hour haul anywhere
that I go from here in my corner of Montana , so my usual haul is between 6
and 10 hours at the least . I have never electrolyted in or before a
trailer ride , my horse may be thirsty when we get to the ride but he is
fine and very hydrated in a few hours. I stop about every 3 to 4 hours let
him out , walk and water him and then reload and go , if it is very hot [in
the 90's] I sponge him off when I stop and get him soaking wet that seems
to help . But here we do not have the humidity either .
                                 Drin & Bo
                                  S.W. Mt.