Re: Rain Rot Confusion?

Just curious:  My vet tells me rain rot is a bacterial problem, not a
fungal problem.  Therefore, I treat it myself with Gentocin, a topical
antibiotic.  He treats others with an antibiotic of some sort.
	So which is it?  Some of you are referring to it as a fungus.  Fungi and
bacteria are obviously not the same critters.  I guess we (or I ) need some
clarification on this from another DVM.  Thanks

Lori