Re: Electrolytes??My experience???????

  I have used different types and brands, but have used
Endurance Lytes for the past ( I'm guessing ) seven years
two different horses. The new horse I have hates them, all
right I feel he has to have them, so he gets them on rides.
When doing the NY 100 after the half way and having them
his pulse was going up and down this went on for about
five miles, then straightend out.  After the days check I gave
him some and then monitored him. Up again not bad 60-65.
I decided right then and there he was trying to tell me some
thing. I stopped giving them, I had an electrolyte salt block
with me and crushed some up in his feed and he loved it.
 This put me in a delemma   I know he need lytes, he is a
great drinker, but they may not be enough on rides,especially
in the heat.I have been giving him Stress Dex ( I know some
one out there is saying there no good, there useless) I also
give him the salt block which he loves.Last weekend he came
through a fifty in Maine, two day, we had heat and he did not
dehydrate no points off.
  Maybe some horses are basically able to deal with rides without
being over loaded with electrolytes.Are we pumping to much into
them or not????? I don't know , I find each one different, as long
as Max functions with this I will have to go along with what I feel
is his decision.

Marcy