Re: Night riding

I have never been able to ride with lights.  Can you spell sea sick.  That what
the bouncing light on the ground does to me.  I put on a headlight and only turn
it on when I absolutely have to, like finding a trail.  Otherwise I am in the
dark.  Horses have wonderful night vision.  They can gallop cross country in
pitch back with no problem.  People have better night vision than they think if
they allow their eyes to adjust (about 15 minutes).  I perfer to ride alone at
night - I find it extremely peaceful.

As far as the need to be seen by cars, those little flashing red lights cyclist
use work great attached to the top of the helmet.  They can be turned on when in
use and off when not needed.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt