Re: Night riding

In a message dated 98-07-27 11:25:37 EDT, jlong@mti.net writes:

<< Oh, one more thing:  car headlights are the absolute worst of all.  It
 is literally painful to be riding down a road and have someone in a
 waiting vehicle turn on their headlights to "see who's coming." >>

No kidding!  At one of our local rides, the vet crew (all non-riders or
non-100-milers) at the finish thought it was a great idea to shine a halogen
lamp back down the trail at the finish.  There was a short climb and some
rocks in the road right there--really made it treacherous, because riders and
horses couldn't see a blasted thing!  We told them what a hazard they were
creating, and I noticed the next year they had the halogen lamps shining the
opposite direction.  Bad enough, but big improvement!

Heidi