Snake Bite Treatment

         I saw a PBS special about people on Safari in Africa so far away from
civilization that medical emergencies had to be treated by the guide.  The
standard treatment for venomous snake bite  was/ is electrical shock from the
jeep/jumper cables to the affected area.  As a critical care nurse....ER X 14
years  in the tropics I have been involved in lots and lots of snake bite
cases.  Each case is different...and each must be treated individually
........however, depending on my situation, I can  invision where I would give
electric shock LOTS of consideration, but I am trained in this.
I remember thinking  that if a large shock depolarizes the protein cell and
therefore
destroys it or inactivates it......why can't we try that in western medicine
under a more controlled situation?  Then again this is western
medicine.........well hey, what can I say.....it pays the rent.

Kathy ( and Kimba, Reiki, Moriah, and Danny.....we prefer wholistic medicine
thank you..........)
Jupiter,Fl