Re: Still looking for an answer

Okay, here's my two cents worth.  I have raised many babies.  When I had time (and
less space) I let them follow mommoy or another horse after weaning (up to about 6
months of age when they got too independent) on trail rides.  It was a blast.
They learned to cross streams, go over logs, etc....  After that I ponied them.
They sure learned to lead and listen.  But be prepared for those first few times
when they "stick in their toes" and don't want to budge.  You can get ripped out
of the saddle if you are not ready.  Above all, have patience and have fun.  It is
supposed to be a fun learning adventure.  It sure was for me.

Now I have 16 cares of VERY hilly pastures that the kids all grow up on. They have
all the necessary obstacles and grow up knowing how to do more than go in a circle
in a ring.

Teddy