Re: Still looking for an answer

Susan,

I think the main thing that any young horse has to learn is the pecking order.  I
don'tknow any way for them to learn this than to turn them out with other horses.
This doesn't have to be a pasture evan a half acre turn out will do.  Ponying will
help but IMO there is no substitute to having them loose with there peers.  I am
fortunate to have a 100 acre pasture to turn mine out on.  I raised a two month
old orphan, I put him in with a maiden pregnant mare and she taught him the ropes
( all though she thaught he was her baby }.  The next spring {after he was gelded
} I turned him out with my other horses in the pasture and he got along just
fine.  Good luck.

Corky

Byrds  Valley Ranch,  On The Tevis Trail