Re: Snakebite kits

Angela C. McGhee wrote:

> Well, I'm certainly not encouraging it.  All I was saying was that it was
> a BIG deal in Outdoor Life, they covered it in about 3 issues straight
> because of all the interest...then I never ever heard it mentioned
> anywhere else.  Just wondered what had happened.

Look at the following web page - they have very current recommendations for
snake bite treatment.  They do NOT recommend a stun gun, etc.  They heavily
promote tourniquets to prevent spread of the poison, but this may mean you
lose the limb!  Be certain you understand the risks before applying the
tourniquet!  They also are nix on cutting the area & "sucking out the poison"
- doesn't help.

http://www.xmission.com/~gastown/herpmed/snbite.htm

Linda Flemmer