Non-irritating girths

Please advise an aspiring endurance rider of the most practical and least
irritating
girth for my horse.  I have been using a contoured english type with a cover
on it
which has worked just fine until this past week and I am now getting two raw
spots,
one behind the elbow and one between the legs.  Increased mileage and heat
has probably
helped contribute this problem.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.

Karen
Mt. Jackson, VA