Re: Cupped Soles

In a message dated 98-07-07 15:24:34 EDT, lhorn@home.com writes:

<<  What I don't understand is, if she advocates trimming
 to a cupped shape or only buying horses whose soles are naturaly cupped
 shaped. Both my farriers say "no way" to trimming and thining the sole
 to a cupped shape  >>

I agree that it is good to select horses with naturally cupped feet for lots
of reasons, not just to prevent bruising.  However, on my place, farriers that
insist on getting overly zealous with the hoof knife are not invited back!
Your farriers are right on.

Heidi