Klickitat Trek

It's difficult to understand why a rider would not stop to help someone
who's injured--or who has any type of problem.  Along with Heidi, I will
also give kudos to some NW riders. When I was a real newbie and on the
first ride by myself, I ended up with broken reins and an entire group
stopped to help me.  One gal fixed my reins for me and I continued on.
I don't even know who the riders were as I didn't know anyone, so never
did get to say thanks.  --and then again I was on a ride and saw a rider
kicked hard in the knee by a passing horse.  The rider of that horse
said "sorry" and continued on down the trail without a backward glance.

I know a number of riders that would have stopped to help your friend so
hopefully he won't lump all endurance riders in the same negative
category.