Re: feed questions...too fat!..update

Thanks to all who answered my question and especially Susan, thanks so much
for your good advise.  Others also pointed out to me how high in protein etc
clover is....it is almost gone and then they rotate the pasture to rye grass.
I will close the grain bucket entirely for now.... and get some free choice
salt up there for all the horses to enjoy. Karen C. suggested I try beet pulp
to give him a treat so I will see if it is in our area.   I've spoiled my one
and only a bit and he really expects something more than carrots...my fault
but I'm weak.  My cats run my household too...oh well..

This saddle seems to fit ok so we can start our riding program again and he
really isn't as fat as I made him out to be <g>...just depends what time of
day it is when you look at him!!  I ended up with a Kieffer dressage to
restuff, a gel pad for the "middle" of his back, and an SR Enduro to be
ordered for distance next year.  20 miles in the Kieffer resulted in no back
pain the next day, but I am wary of trying it for distance.

Thanks again, this is a geat list, I hope a few nasty posts from the very few
will not ruin it for us all......

Good riding to you all!
Kimberly (happy to be in the saddle again)
& Mystery the Morab (you want me to climb up that hill again!!  but,
but,...wheres my grain?!)
Pt.Reyes, CA