Re: Carbos & Tom

Dear Tom,

<<
 Nothing wrong with that. Bob Baffert, interviewed by NY Times, said that he
 wanted Real Quiet to think that the Belmont was a "special day". So he didn't
 feed him on raceday. That was about a $20 million decision in my mind. In
 general, racehorse trainers don't have the foggiest. If you think this tiff
 was a little energetic, you should see what happens in the racehorse
ngs--when
 they let me in.  >><

     I think the jockey lost that race.  Not the horse.  I don't think it had
anything to do with what Real Quiet was or was not fed.  The jockey thought he
had it in the bag BEFORE he crossed the finish line, and relaxed.  The horse
felt this, and also, relaxed.  By the time Desormeaux (or whatever his name
is) realized he had competition, it was too late to get his guy rolling again
. . . jockey made a $20 million dollar error.  Not the trainer.  IMO.

Trish & "pretty David"
Grand Blanc, Michigan