Received your smoke signals!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions and disaster preparedness
musings. I've just come in from the barn. Tonight ,even tho ash was dropping,
the smoke wasn't as bad as the wind has shifted and sent the main fire going
north east.  My boys were very happy to play on the green lawn while I did
stall mucking  (nice floors for them again). So then, I check my posts .  I'm
sorry but I've deleted a few thinking I was "keeping as new"

There are some great websites to visit for info about what's going on here....

www.insidecentralflorida.com   or   http//volusia.org    or  www.wesh.com
a couple will link you up with FEMA which I'm finding very interesting ...

To Karen in Ormond, thank you for your offers. Karen had to evacuate and
offered us help. God bless her.  I was answering the lady whose aunt is in
McIntosh when AOL dumped me...by now you've called and heard about Waldo and
those areas. And, I'll not dump you if you respond, again.  ;-(

To anyone in Central Florida, Spring Garden Ranch, Harness Training Center,
has opened its facilities as an evacuation site.  It is enormous in cleared
property with block stables/metal roofs and on a nice hill which would keep
smoke from pooling.
Some one should contact the Seminole Woods Track off 44 A ? in Lake County and
see if they'd do the same in the future.

The only real advice I've gotten regarding my respiratory concerns was a vet
assistant who said " don't ride your horse".  Hmm, not likely, but I kept that
to myself. I was then cautioned not to work the horses for several days after
the smoke finally clears.  Hmm, again, not likely. So far, we've got clear
eyes, no nasal discharge, and happy little campers who stay in their stalls! I
can't talk, tho!

I'm giving a giant salute to our fire fighters and the Florida Cattlemen!!!
And a giant raspberry to the arsonists and posturing important people.  We
have to drive to and from our business through one of the bigger fires and it
boggles the mind. You really see people at their best.

The horrible ironic thought I had this afternoon was how beautiful the
regrowth in the Tiger Bay Wildlife area will be ... my heart breaks for our
wildlife but so far no ugly reports from the behind the scenes connections.
We had a family of wild turkeys come visiting at our business.  So, out of the
awful can come some poignant pleasures.

Again, my thanks to the many wishes, prayers, and good thoughts,
back atcha 1000 fold.

Linda and her merry band of spoiled geldings.