Carbos -- a different view

I must admit that I have changed my mind about carbo loading and it's
advantages, not that my opinon means much. But something that Joe said got
me to thinking about this from a different angle.
As any endurance rider knows your horse's engery level is one of the things
you read in order to make your "go or whoa" decision during a ride.  Now
most all smart riders will test this (carbos) out and factor it into their
decision.
What worries me is at a vet check the ride vets only see a horse for a very
short time and the use of carbo loading could very easly mask a horses
energy level, by giving a false reading.  For a less experianced rider this
could lead to trouble for their mount.
For this reason alone I think this whole discussion may turn into being
nothing more than discussion as I feel the vet committee will have the
final say.

Jim Clanin
Atascadero, CA