RE: Carbs - only part of the picture

> General question for y'all. I'm interested to know how you decided on
> the correct amount of grain to feed? Is there some sort of hueristic
> approach?

I've just been thinking that it would be interesting to take a poll and
find out exactly what endurance riders feed their horses -- how much and
what kind of pasture grass, hay, grain, supplements, etc.  If I go to the
effort of working up a simple questionnaire and feeding the answers into a
database that I could report back to the list on, would many people be
interested in both answering and reading the results?  Let me know
PRIVATELY, and if there's enough interest, I'll get to work.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310
SE Region