Re: Carbs - only part of the picture

In a message dated 98-06-24 17:52:14 EDT, Tivers@aol.com writes:

<< << General question for y'all. I'm interested to know how you decided on
  the correct amount of grain to feed? Is there some sort of hueristic
  approach?

 Yes. Don't let the horse lose weight, long term. >>

This has been one of the primary goals of most of us who have run high-mileage
seasons.  Both as a ride vet and as a rider, I have achieved this goal more
times than I can count by lowering the grain intake (when it has been over
4-6# per day) and increasing the intake of quality roughages.  This has worked
too well and too often to be fiction.

Heidi