Re: Bandaging horses legs

I would like to hear your opinions, pro and con, on
>bandaging

I had often watched Nina Warren (whom I admire) bandage her horse after
rides with something smeared all over them and wondered if this was the
sort of thing I needed to copy  >sigh<  then Valarie Kanavey spoke at the
Southeastern Endurance Riders Assoc. convention and I asked her opinion
on bandaging.  She said she doesn't, because if anything has happened to
the horse, she wants to see the results.

I weighed the two women's records...they were comparable, then I weighed
my opinion of the two, they were comparable,...then I thought, "Which
would cost me less trouble and money to copy" and Valarie won.  No
offense Nina, but Kaboot gets nothing on his legs after a ride.

I have wondered about this.  I know some who religiously ice their
horses.  I'll never forget Russel Broussard after the North American
Championships.  He was sitting in his trailer, and he fell asleep sitting
up, but kept muttering, "I've got to go ice Little Man's legs".  I had
his wife put him to bed, and I put ice boots on him.  It was a pretty
chilly night, and I felt guilty about doing it, but that was his way of
doing things...and it's served him well.

Angie

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]