Bandaging horses legs

While walking around the base camp after the Mt. Laguna, CA ride this past
weekend a friend and I got into a discussion regarding bandaging a horses legs
after a ride.  I would like to hear your opinions, pro and con, on bandaging
and what you have successfully used as a post ride leg wrap and/or brace or
liniment.

To Lynn - congrats on finishing that 50 after 3 prior attempts at doing a 50.
It's a tough course (IMO) and any finish is an accomplishment.  To all who
have not done one of Terry's rides - it's a must.  She is one fantastic Ride
Manager and her rides are super.  Her husband, David, is a great inspiration
at the vet checks too, with lots of encouragement.  The volunteers were
absolutely the best - my thanks to all of them.  My husband doesn't ride and
he says he would go even if I didn't ride.  They are that much fun.  The trail
is challenging but beautiful.  I'll be in Norco for your ride Lynn - my
husband says he's available to help.