Re: Bandaging horses legs

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:49:24 -0400, rides2far@juno.com (Angela C.
McGhee) wrote:

>I weighed the two women's records...they were comparable, then I weighed
>my opinion of the two, they were comparable,...then I thought, "Which
>would cost me less trouble and money to copy" and Valarie won.  No
>offense Nina, but Kaboot gets nothing on his legs after a ride.

I do not normally wrap after a ride.  I will use a cooling linement,
or cold water (water at intervals, not continuous).  I want the lower
legs to be cool, and observable, and I don't think there is any
significant support to be gained from wraps.

One of the very best things you can do for your horse after a ride IMO
is to stand him in a cold flowing stream (if one is available) up over
the fetlocks.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net