Tripping Horse

Hello everyone,

My riding partner has a 5 yr old arab gelding
that is about 14.1hh.  He is a good fast walker
and a all around nice horse.  His problem is
that he is always tripping mostly at the walk.
The chiro has checked him over and my friend
uses Sports Medicine Boots on his front legs.
My friend is concerned that she and the horse
will get hurt.  Any ideas on what the problem
might be??

Thanks Julia