Re: Old Dominion?

Angela C. McGhee wrote:

> like it being at such a hot time of year, and 100 miles of rocks just
> didn't sound that great.  I don't guess it's any great secret that
> they're not especially known for marking their trail well, and that
> there's a strong "home court advantage" there.

A close friend rode the OD 100 several years back. I was one of her pit
crew members. The weather was warm but not as hot as TX! Yes, this was a
challenging ride due to the rocks, but she finished 23rd after starting
in last place. Would have finished about 10 places better, but had
shoeing problems. She had no problems finding trail.

> just put on shoes 2 weeks ago with no pads...so that meant easyboots.
> I've used them in front, but not the back.

Sylvia had to finish in easyboots. No problems with them.

> definitely need to hook up with a local who knew the trail.  He also said
> it's difficult for a crew who isn't local to find the vet checks...but

We scoped the checks out the day before. Didn't have any trouble. The
managers do a great job with the details.

> So, don't look for my name on the results list.  We're going to Dalton
> this weekend and see if we can find some carpet that doesn't show
> stains...and Kaboot will never know how close he came.  :-)

Don't give up on doing this ride. I had a great time even though I was
"just a pit crew member" and this is one of Sylvia's fondest ride
memories.

Linda Parrish
Kennard, TX