endurance and vocabulary

Here we go, proving what a quandry vocabulary can get us into.  Anyone who
struggles to do the best that he or she can do, with all the limitations
they may have to work to overcome, is a brave and laudable person.
However, certain titles are given specific definitions-  and the PTB have
defined endurance riding as being 50 miles or more.  It's no shame to NOT
be an endurance rider- otherwise almost 6 billion people would have reason
to be ashamed!  Most riders will never be endurance riders, but that does
not make their riding any less worthy.  I hopped a three foot fence today,
which for me was remarkable, and made me proud as punch.  However, I did
not go tell the next person I met that I was a Grand Prix jumper!  And
that's what endurance riding can be considered to be, IMO, the Grand Prix
of trail riding.  Until you've DONE it, you shouldn't take the title.  And
if you never do it, for whatever reason, that's OK too!

Please, let's just enjoy our horses and our trails and each other.  Do what
you
can do, and be happy that you can do it.

Allyn