Water and wide feet

Plain old chlorine bleach will kill the yucky stuff in a water tank.  When
things get bad I put about a cup of bleach in the tank, fill, and let it sit
for an hour or so.  Then I run the pump to get the bleach in all the pipes
and let sit overnight (an hour would be long enough).  Then drain, fill,
drain and fill again until the nasty smell goes.  I then usually find that
my unchlorinated well water will stay fine for a week.  If needed one could
add a little bleach (say 5 drops/gallon) when filling the tank to provide
some residual chlorine, but the water will taste like a big city.
My feet are extremely wide.  The only athletic shoes I can use are made by
New Balance.  They make all sizes and widths to 4E.  Their basketball shoes
make great riding sneakers.  If not available locally there are mail order
catalogs of running stuff.
Ed and Wendy Hauser
Sisu Farm
1140 37th St.