Re: Polish Competitors

Hi Sandy
	My horse (Merx) hasn't made it far into the *high mileage* category
because I unfortunately have a very demanding life outside of endurance
riding.  Nonetheless, he's been an awesome horse in my mind -- well
behaved, easily trainable and retrainable, Mr. Business at a ride, very
competitive without losing his mind, very athletic, with lots of impulsion,
successful at rides.  I couldn't have asked for a better partner.  We're
one when we're together.
	He's Polish on top, not Bask but Bask's full sister, called "the Queen of
Poland," Bandola.  Merx's sire was imported in utero from Poland to
Patterson Arabians in Oregon.
	His bottom line is Serafix.  Also in his bottom line is Sureyn's son
Sur-Knight. [I wonder if you've heard of Sur-Knight, Heidi.  Just curious
since Surrabu was sired by Sur Valiant (a Sureyn son).]  I personally think
the Bask/Serafix combo is a good one in temperament and athleticism, from
what I've seen, but I'm certainly no expert.
	I'm certainly not sure how he'd stand up to those Arabs out there with
seriously successful *endurance bloodlines,* but he suits me fine.  If I
only had the time to find out what's he's got in him................
	In case you're wondering, I didn't buy him for his bloodlines.  I bought
him because I was just getting back into horses, and he was "dead broke."

Lori & Merx (standing around eating for now)