Re: Riding Vacation

dns wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I had planned a weeks vacation with friends and horses in the Ruby Mountains
> outside Ely, Nevada.  Was informed today there is as much as 10 feet of snow
> and not good for a riding vacation.

Ahhhhh.........tis sad, but true! There is still so much snow in the higher
elevations, that I'm going to Mammoth to go skiing this weekend instead of
riding!

However, if you stay under 6,500 feet in elevation, the snow is gone, the grass
is green and trails are in great shape!

>  Could anyone recommend somewhere in California (Not So. Calif.) where we
> might reschedule our week
> vacation, the last week in June.  Somewhere that survived El Nino, and is
> rideable with good camping or rentals.  Thanks, Sheila

Probably the coast will be very nice......Ricochet Ridge Ranch would be
awesome! (Common, now, speak up over there!)

If you're set on the mountains, stick with the the lower elevations. Check out
Sierraville or Bridgeport or Bishop. If you give me more of an idea of your
prefrences, I could be more specific.

Pray for SUN!!!
 --
Deanne Del Vecchio & Gabe~~who still has 80% of his winter coat--but still
needs it!