Re: How small is too small?

<< I don't understand this logic, as many people will raise their hands
 saying they prefer to ride smaller horses >>

While the logic appears somewhat backwards at first, I agree.  I think the
problem is that the horse buying public as a whole and some endurance riders
prefer horses over 15H.  I have a friend that thinks I *must* ride at 15H+
horse because I weight 145#.  I am currently riding a 14.3 arab.

Now in the market for a new horse, I am having a terribly hard time finding
smaller horses -- and most breeders are *very* quick to point out how *big*
their horses are.  Once I tell them I'm looking for something under 15H they
mysteriously are able to produce a horse that "probably won't  go over 15H".
Go figure.

Susan (looking for a small SE with good bone!)