Re: How small is too small?

>While I agree with your statement that endurance horses do not need to be
>big to be good at endurance; my experience is that they need to be bigger
>than 14.1 to be "saleable" as endurance horses.

	I don't understand this logic, as many people will raise their hands
saying they prefer to ride smaller horses (I would agree with Teddy and
Stephanie on the "after so many miles"), wouldn't those people buy a
smaller horse? I mean I know we are crazy, just ask the non-endurance horse
people <grin>, but I would think someone who prefers a smaller horse
wouldn't go out and buy a tall one.

	My perfect endurance horse would have, among other things, a nicely
sloping shoulder for a long, smooth stride but only be about 13.3 hands so
that I can get on easier (and it is closer to the ground *when* I fall off).

	Jacqueline Mansfield and Winza