Re: Maggie's article

Mike Sofen wrote:

> I believe that Maggie's message, "Let's hear some knowledge and stories from
> folks that have really done it" was unnecessarily mixed with a negative
> message about Ridecamp and riding.  The two have nothing in common, and I
> think it's umfortunate that they were combined.

Maggie's post has caused quite a stir.  I don't know what she was up to or what
she meant, but see seems to upset a lot of people with a board stroke.  And of
course she has her defenders and detractors.

Many years ago a pillar in his profession had some very negative things to say
about the young-ungs in his profession.  He told them what they were perusing
was non-sense.  He sadly spent the latter part of his life - wasting his great
mind - trying to stop their progress. He did not succeed and the young-ungs did.

His name was Albert Einstein and the young-ungs were developing quantum theory
which brought us the laser and semi-conductor which is the basis of the very
computer you are sitting at reading this.

The moral to this story is that experience is a very valuable thing, but
sometimes this experience is the very thing that gets in our way of innovation
and progress.  Yes the person with 5000 miles has a lot to say but so does the
300 miler.  I listen to all and take away the nuggets.  You never know where you
may learn something.  I'm not proud, if a newbe has discovered something that
will help me, you better believe I'll use it.  Hell Lynn Crespo doesn't even
have a mile in endurance and she has helped some of us an awful lot.

This is why I think RideCamp is so valuable.

Truman