Longstreet's Charge LaFayette,GA

Hey everybody, things are looking good for the ride.  Though the temp.
was 95 degrees today, they're calling for low 80's starting Thurs.  Rain
is a possibility, and BRING IT ON!  We've got a BIG tent that we had the
IAHA ride leave, so ride meetings and dinner will be in the dry either
way.

Have had several calls with questions the last few days.  Here are the
most common:

Yes, you can come Thurs.  Yes. You can stay late.  This is a WMA
Horsecamp and is open to campers at all times.  June Parsons, the real
manager will be camping there starting tomorrow.

Water in camp is MINIMAL.  There is a shallow creek.  Good enough to lead
your horse down to for water, not much good for scooping out of.  I'll
talk to the fellow at the corner store about his water hose tomorrow. (I
know I should have done that 3 months ago)

Yes, your big rigs will fit.  The Kanaveys came last week.  Need I say
more?

On the directions it says that camp is "after you go around a horseshoe
curve and a steep hill."  I copied that straight off of the CT entry form
directions.  I doubt I'd have described it as a steep hill.  This is a
nice highway.  No problem.

I'll be in and out for a day or two.  No more smart-aleck posts to get me
in trouble.  We've got three riders to mark 50 miles of trail, and just
found out that the NATRAC people didn't take their markers down. GRRRRR.
Do you think AERC would give Kaboot credit for a 2 day 50?  Whine, whine.

Angie McGhee  Assistant Manager/Vice President/ First Runner Up/The buck
stops there->

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]