Gregory Water pack

I just rode with my new Gregory water pack today & I'm quite happy.  I
got a fanny pack with a 110 oz water bladder & bite tube for drinking
water.  (This is to replace my much smaller camelback shoulder pack.)

The pack is very well constructed with lots of compression straps to
keep the load from shifting & sloshing.  The bite tube does no better &
no worse that my Camelbak at occasional drips.  The lumbar area is wide
& well padded - quite comfy.  The waist is rather large - smallest size
is about 27-28 inches, and up (mostly UP!  The straps are quite long).

It took several rides this long weekend to really get a feel for it.
The pack feels very different with the water at your waist, especially
at the trot.  Ultimately, it felt more stable with the lower center of
gravity than the shoulder packs like my Camelbak.  Just VERY different.
I found my self wanting to lean forward when I first started out with
it, but I became accustomed to it after a bit & went back to a more
centered position.  It has 2 side pockets for water bottles, a map
pouch, and a small zippered pouch in addition to the water area.  It
looks as though it could easily be a day fanny pack without the water
bladder.

The only unfortunate problem I have with it is that it sits ever so
slightly on the cantle of my saddle.  I guess I have an excuse to get my
saddle cover, now! Can't risk rubbing the leather up, you know :-)

All in all, I'd highly recommend it.  Thanks to all of the folks who
reassured me that Gregory made good quality packs!!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV